1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
2. To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, cherry tomatoes and corn.
4. Serve immediately.
In a world that is filled with poverty, crises and inequality, breastfeeding is the foundation of lifelong health for babies and mothers. Please join us in celebrating Breastfeeding: Foundation of Life, the theme of World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) 2018. World Breastfeeding Week is coordinated by the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA) and highlights that breastfeeding is a universal solution that gives everyone a fair start in life.
To celebrate, our local Western Wisconsin Breastfeeding Coalition (WWBC) put together a list of 5 ways our La Crosse community can celebrate World Breastfeeding Week.
Get breastfeeding friendly. Hang a “breastfeeding is welcome here” sign in your office or workplace. Welcome breastfeeding mothers into whatever public place you may be. Several local workplaces and daycare providers have been recognized as “breastfeeding friendly,” you can see a list of them on our coalition website: wwbcoalition.org.
Thank a local lactation consultant. The La Crosse area has several internationally board certified lactation consultants (IBCLC’s) who work every day to help breastfeeding mothers reach their goals. If you know one, tell them thank you! A listing of local lactation consultants can also be found on zipmilk.org.
Attend The Big Latch On Event August 4th. This will be the 4th year our local breastfeeding coalition has hosted this event. The “latch on” takes place at 10:30 am at Myrick Park and all breastfeeding/pumping mothers and their families/supports are welcome. Families are encouraged to arrive around 10 am to register. For more information, visit the Facebook event page: 2018 Big Latch On.
Put breastfeeding on display. Encourage your workplace to feature a breastfeeding display or bulletin board. Hang breastfeeding pictures or art. The more breastfeeding is seen in our culture, the more it will be normalized. Check out a life size breastfeeding cardboard cutout on display at the Health Department during WBW!
Join the Western Wisconsin Breastfeeding Coalition. The Western Wisconsin Breastfeeding Coalition meets the 4th Thursday of each month from 8-9 am. Anyone who supports the mission and purpose of the coalition is welcome! Join the Western Wisconsin Breastfeeding Coalition group on Facebook, or check out our website at wwbcoalition.org
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners or grease with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla, and honey.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add the blueberries and toss to combine.
4. Add the yogurt mixture and the melted butter to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined. (don't overmix)
5. Portion the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for 14-17 minutes until the tops spring back lightly to the touch.
6. Let the muffins cool, and enjoy! These muffins freeze well or keep at room temperature for a few days.