There’s an excessive heat watch in effect this week for the La Crosse Area. Now, more than ever, it is important to keep your kids and family hydrated. Kids also ask for beverages more often in the summer because they tend to be more thirsty. Check out the tips below for ideas to keep your family hydrated with healthy beverages this summer.
- Be a role model. Your child wants to drink what you drink. Drink water, often.
- Make beverages “cool.” Serve water in a cup with a straw or in a sports bottle.
- Keep cold water accessible and easy to reach. Store water in a pitcher or bottle in the fridge. Try to avoid keeping sugary drinks in your refrigerator.
- If your child uses a sippy cup between meals, put only water in it.
- 100% juice can have up to 10 teaspoons of sugar. Try freezing juice in ice cube trays and putting them in water. The sugar will be diluted, but it will also add flavor and fun for kids.
For additional tips to stay safe in the heat click here.