Welcome to the La Crosse County page for Healthy Aging!
In the spring of 2016, La Crosse County Health Department received a grant from the Helen Bader Foundation to assist with the formation of a Healthy Aging Coalition. The goal of this coalition will be to provide a common meeting ground for professionals and community members interested in assisting the aging population.
For more information please contact Gretchen Lindahl.
- Exercise, Not Puzzles, May Offer the Best Way to Protect an Aging Brain: Check out this article from the AARP!
- Interested in additional information about Fall Prevention? Try the La Crosse County Falls Prevention website.
- La Crosse County offers strength training classes for 55+, more information available at Strong Seniors.
- Aging related information for professionals and interested community members can be found at the National Council on Aging website.
- Check out the local YMCA for additional aging related programming!
- Lifting weight may improve cognitive function, study says!