Ring in the New Year with a dance party! Check out this list of Active You Tube Video’s to get your family moving this weekend!
Get your family up and moving with Holiday Would You Rather questions found HERE!
Check out our 54 Ways to Get up and Move list HERE!
Active Schools is a program designed to increase physical activity opportunities for children and youth before, during, and after school. Through Active Schools, the La Crosse County Health Department is collaborating with local schools to provide more opportunities for Coulee Region students to be physically active. Strategies for increasing activity may include:
- Active Classrooms incorporate active breaks and active lessons within the classroom setting.
- Active Recess provides all students with additional recess activities to encourage physical activity.
- Active Minutes in Physical Education increases the number of minutes students are active during PE such as through active attendance taking and other methods.
- Before/After School Activities offer a wide variety of active before and after school programs for students.
- Family and Community Activities may include active homework, physical activity tracking logs and challenges, encouraging physical activity be incorporated at home with families, and promoting community options for physical activity.
General Active Schools Links and Resources
Active Classroom Workshop Links and Resources
- Active Classroom Activity Ideas
- Dr. Seuss Activity Sheets
- Active CD Suggestions
- Motown for kids-can be found on Amazon
- Check back for additional CD suggestions!
- Head Start Body Start-Get Moving Today! Activity Calendar
- Making Letter & Words Come Alive With Movement
- Tabata Timer
- Active Classroom Examples
- Check back for the following resources!
- Emotion Cards
- Descriptive Words and Modifiers
- Alphabet Hunt
- Recommend Books