Tuesday, September 25th, 3:00pm-5:00pm
This free class is sponsored by the La Crosse County Safe Routes to School program along with Wrench and Roll Collective. It will include an overview of bike maintenance, bike safety and handling skills, and will end with a leisurely ride around Logan Middle School, using nearby bike lanes and trails.
A FREE dinner and bike lock will be provided to all participants.
Space is limited so register now! To register, email Casey Mrozek at email@example.com or call 608-785-6236.
- Meet by the Logan Middle bike racks (on Liberty Street) at 3:00pm to check in.
- In order to participate, a signed waiver must be brought to the event. The waiver will be emailed after registration.
- All bikes should be in good working order.
- Helmets ARE REQUIRED for ALL participants. A helmet will be provided if you need one. Please indicate this need at registration.
- A minimum of 12 participants are required to hold the event otherwise it will be cancelled and those registered will be notified by the end of the day on September 24th.
In a world that is filled with poverty, crises and inequality, breastfeeding is the foundation of lifelong health for babies and mothers. Please join us in celebrating Breastfeeding: Foundation of Life, the theme of World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) 2018. World Breastfeeding Week is coordinated by the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA) and highlights that breastfeeding is a universal solution that gives everyone a fair start in life.
To celebrate, our local Western Wisconsin Breastfeeding Coalition (WWBC) put together a list of 5 ways our La Crosse community can celebrate World Breastfeeding Week.
- Get breastfeeding friendly.
Hang a “breastfeeding is welcome here” sign in your office or workplace. Welcome breastfeeding mothers into whatever public place you may be. Several local workplaces and daycare providers have been recognized as “breastfeeding friendly,” you can see a list of them on our coalition website: wwbcoalition.org.
- Thank a local lactation consultant.
The La Crosse area has several internationally board certified lactation consultants (IBCLC’s) who work every day to help breastfeeding mothers reach their goals. If you know one, tell them thank you! A listing of local lactation consultants can also be found on zipmilk.org.
- Attend The Big Latch On Event August 4th.
This will be the 4th year our local breastfeeding coalition has hosted this event. The “latch on” takes place at 10:30 am at Myrick Park and all breastfeeding/pumping mothers and their families/supports are welcome. Families are encouraged to arrive around 10 am to register. For more information, visit the Facebook event page: 2018 Big Latch On.
- Put breastfeeding on display.
Encourage your workplace to feature a breastfeeding display or bulletin board. Hang breastfeeding pictures or art. The more breastfeeding is seen in our culture, the more it will be normalized. Check out a life size breastfeeding cardboard cutout on display at the Health Department during WBW!
- Join the Western Wisconsin Breastfeeding Coalition.
The Western Wisconsin Breastfeeding Coalition meets the 4th Thursday of each month from 8-9 am. Anyone who supports the mission and purpose of the coalition is welcome! Join the Western Wisconsin Breastfeeding Coalition group on Facebook, or check out our website at wwbcoalition.org